Travel Together Rental Program
Call 1-330-288-0036 & Ask for the TRAVEL SPECIALIST!
TIPS Before traveling with your CPAP therapy equipment:
- • At least two weeks prior to traveling, get clearance from the airline to use your device on a flight (if your approval is in the form of a letter, carry a copy with you).
- • Arrange to sit near a power source on the aircraft.
- • Confirm the type of power cord or adapter used by the aircraft
- • Carry a letter from your doctor certifying your need for positive airway pressure therapy.
- • Take a copy of the manufacturer's statement of FAA compliance letter - if available.
- • Pack the correct adapter for the country you’re traveling to because power outlets differ in each country. Adapters can be bought from most electronics and travel stores, as well as in airports.
- • Ensure that there is no water in the humidifier tub before detaching it from the device and packing it away.
- • Some devices can automatically adjust for changes in altitude and run on virtually any power supply in the world, with a suitable adapter. Make sure the one you are traveling with complies.
- • Remember, you can use your device on the plane, but not your humidifier, as aircraft turbulence increases the risk of water spillage and damage to the device.
- • On arrival at your destination, don’t forget to use distilled or deionized water to fill your humidifier tub.
- • Your Hotel room may not have a power socket located near the bed head, so pack an extension cord to use your device and mask, comfortably.
The following information should always be within reach:
- • Your treatment pressure
- • Your mask type and size
- • Contact details for your equipment service supplier and care provider
- • Your health insurance information
- • Your doctor’s details and RX
- • A copy of the device travel letter for assistance in carrying the device through security and on the aircraft